We are searching for a bright, organised and fast learning Event Coordinator to support our fantastic portfolio of experiential events. We are keen to find someone with lots of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude to assist the close-knit event management team through all project phases, specifically working under our Directors. The role would expect a high attention to detail, a love of spreadsheets, critical time lines and writing contracts. A high level of numeracy, excellent organisational skills and self motivation are also essential. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop skills in a nurturing and ever-thriving organisation with a global reach. The company in constantly evolving here in the UK as well as overseas so there is huge scope for development and progression in this role.
- Days & Time: Hours include a hybrid of home/office days between Monday & Friday – 09.30-17.30, plus some event days either in an evening or at the weekend.
- Future prospects will be reviewed upon the successful completion of a three month probation period.
- You’ll need to be able to work in a busy and fun environment. You’ll be fully supported and get the opportunity to take ownership of your work, which will need to be of an extremely high-standard.
- Looking to start from May onwards
- Please have a look at our Instagram page @privatedramaevents which will give you a fuller indication about who we are and what we do.
- Salary = competitive
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of our events, from planning to execution. The role involves working closely with our Directors to understand our client’s event requirements, identifying, coordinating and contracting with vendors and suppliers, and managing all logistical aspects of events to ensure flawless execution. The Event Coordinator will also be responsible for post-event evaluations to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to enhance future events.
Tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all event planning aspects relating to artists such as checking availability, contracting, collating riders, booking transport and accommodation and invoices; work closely with the Event Management team and Accounts team to ensure all paperwork is appropriately dealt with and timely
- Identify and coordinate with vendors such as caterers, photographers, and decorators to ensure that all aspects of the event are managed effectively
- Understand and have an awareness of budgets for events and ensure that expenses are within budget
- Develop and maintain event timelines to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Coordinate with internal teams such as marketing and sales to ensure that events are promoted
- Conduct post-event evaluations to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to enhance future events
- Curating proposal sheets for new acts as well as managing and maintaining those that already exist
- Contribute to, and help to develop, event proposal creative concepts
- Contribute to the research to help build the story behind event proposals
- Source new talent and keep up to date with up and coming artists who may be of interest
- Update Daylite database system as new clients/suppliers come in
- Assist with the management and logging of our costume store
- Manage our supplier invoice tracker
- Help manage all Private Drama Events social media channels – namely Instagram and LinkedIn, helping grow reach build following by creating relevant and enticing social media posts and campaigns
- Monitor our generic email inbox
Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree qualification
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a creative agency is essential
- An interest in the ‘arts’
- Proactive fast learner who copes well under pressured environments; diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal skills
- A good balance of creative flair with commercial/business acumen
- Experience using keynote, excel and word required
- Impeccable telephone manner
- A sharp eye for detail and a commitment to developing high quality work
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Exceptional written English and copywriting skills, able to adapt writing style in line with desired platform/audience/to brief
- Excellent working knowledge and skill in excel
- Familiar with Instagram and Linked to place regular posts
- Any creative design/graphic design skills is a bonus
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Good communication and a sense of humour!
The Event Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring that our events are executed flawlessly and exceed client expectations. This role requires strong communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, as well as a deep understanding of event planning and coordination. If you are passionate about events and have a proven track record in planning and coordination, we encourage you to apply.
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org